Scroll to Top

Kanonge dismisses division claims

By Tapuwa Tsaha / Published on Friday, 03 Nov 2017 16:11 PM / No Comments / 402 views

3 November 2017

Zimbabwe Women Football (ZWF) chairperson Rosemary Kanonge yesterday dismissed claims of a dysfunctional executive committee which had seen the viability of the league being questioned.

Kanonge revealed to H-Metro that the Super League will resume this weekend despite not having solved the differences between the women soccer board and the teams.

“We are moving on with the league and we are expecting to resume with our fixtures this weekend.

“There is going to be a meeting between the executive and the clubs on a date yet to be advised.

“Among the issues we need to discuss is the way forward for the league after the midseason break.

“We shall be talking about relegation and promotion of teams because we cannot continue with too many teams next season,” she said.

She dismissed claims that the ZWF executive is divided and added that they work in unison.

“We are not divided but as you know we are human beings bound to have conflicts.

“Indeed so many squabbles have risen in Matebebeland but all I can assure you is that we as the executive are working as a team.

“We also work under our mother board which is ZIFA,” she said.

Kanonge also confirmed the dismissal of her deputy, Samukeliso Silengane, adding that they are still waiting to hear the final decision from ZIFA.

“ZIFA suspended Samukeliso Silengane from the COSAFA LOC and since then we are waiting to hear from them.

“This does not stop us from moving forward with the Super League.

“All we are asking for is that teams stick to the agenda and we expect them to support the girl child,” Kanonge added.

Women football teams last week snubbed ZIFA vice president Omega Sibanda’s call to meet up with them to solve the differences and squabbles within the league.

 

Copy Protected by Chetan's WP-Copyprotect.