Scroll to Top

Man dies of electric shock

By Reporter / Published on Wednesday, 04 Jul 2018 14:34 PM / No Comments / 665 views

4 July 2018

Tsitsi Mukozho

A Zvishavane man was electrocuted after attempting to remove a tree branch which had fallen on top of a power line.

Acting Midlands Provincial Police Spokesperson Assistant Inspector Ethel Mukwende confirmed this incident.

“Police in Zvishavane are investigating a case whereby a man was electrocuted while trying to remove a tree branch which was hanging on a nearby power line at Delvale Park, Drummond compound in Zvishavane.”

She went on to say that circumstances are that Clive Bhana (34) was electrocuted while he was cutting tree branches in the company of Douglas Ndlovu. It is alleged that one of the branches fell on a nearby power line and when Bhana tried to remove the branch, he was electrocuted and confirmed dead upon admission at Zvishavane Hospital.

“We can confirm that Clive Bhana was electrocuted whilst he and Douglas Ndlovu were cutting tree branches and it is alleged that one of the tree branches fell and hung on a nearby power line and then Bhana tried to remove it from the power line and he was electrocuted. He was ferried to Zvishavane Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival,” said Asst Inspector Mukwende

Asst Inspector Mukwende said the police officers attended the scene and they are making further investigations.

Copy Protected by Chetan's WP-Copyprotect.