Ntouba to begin trials this week
27 December 2017
CHANCES are high that Dynamos will be without their Cameroonian striker Christian Epoupa Ntouba next season as he is expected to begin trials at Absa Premiership side Bidvest Wits this week.
The player’s manager Gilbert Sengwe is confident that the deal will be fruitful basing on the talks they have held so far.
This means Lloyd Mutasa needs to look elsewhere for another gunslinger for Dynamos to be included in the championship equation.
Sengwe said his player will be flying direct from Cameroon to South Africa to begin the trials.
“He is set to join Bidvest Wits. He will certainly begin trials this week and I am finalising on his travel documents. We are expecting him to join the club as soon as Wednesday.
“I am very hopeful that he will make it, to me the deal is certain though we need to wait for the trials to talk more,” said Sengwe.
Ntouba will not be travelling to Zimbabwe, where his parent club Dynamos is based, but will connect direct from his home in Cameroon.
“He (Ntouba) is flying direct to South Africa. There is no need for him to come to Zimbabwe; we are making sure that his paperwork will be in order.”
The player has attracted interest from a number South African clubs which include Polokwane City and Ajax Cape Town since he joined Dynamos.
It, however, seems Wits have won the battle to land the Cameroonian if he succeeds at the trials.
The Cameroonian, who joined DeMbare at the beginning of the season impressed on his debut season, scoring 12 for his club to help them settle for second position in the league.
He was also deservedly voted among the best 11 players for the just-ended season and received an award at the Dynamos end of year awards, as the top goal scorer.